Thursday 24 June 2010

Jason Derulo - In My Head




Jaosn Derulo - In My Head

During this video, the lead singer/dancer is dancing in front of a bright light, which makes him a silhouette. This is the video that gave me the idea to use that in my video. It also gave me the idea to have a dancer in the video as well. I think it is a great technique, and will try to use it in my video.

As well as the silhouette technique, there are a number of techniques used to make this video sucessful. The quick camera cuts are effective to get the video to flow. Some even cut with the beats of the song. I will definately use this technique in my video.

Another thing that works well in the video is the lighting. The lighting is dark to give the idea that it is night time, but I like how the main singer/dancer is wearing bright clothes such as blue jacket and he is lit up to be the brightest object on screen.

This is a still shot of the technique I wanted to use in my video. To do this technique in my video, I will have to use car headlamps in the dark. This is the only way I can think of to make this technique work in my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment